About Me

My photo
So Who am I?...I am the husband of one terrific wife and the father of two boys, both of whom have autism. I have been in the Marines for over 15 years and in that time ( and in my own growing up) I have seen, done and experienced a great multitude of things. Which is why I call myself Diverse Dad. My user name is a mix of a Toby Mac song and a reflection on a lot of different life experiences that have helped me grow and help others through similar situations. I can be pretty hyper sometimes and my wife often accuses me of being ADD. Other than that I see myself as a pretty normal dad who is trying to raise children with Godly Christian character in a world that seems to scream otherwise. By blogging I hope to offer words of encouragement to my fellow dads specifically and all people in general. Secondly by going through the pages of others, I hope to gain knowledge and ideas that can help my family and I. So feel free to comment good, bad or otherwise and share your thoughts...God Bless and I hope you enjoy!
Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter Everyone

Happy Easter Everyone! Well I hope you enjoyed your Easter weekend. As for myself, I believe I did. I got off work pretty early on Friday (remember the good old days when nothing was open on Good Friday?). My wife and I watched the movie, "The Gospel of John" and I personally reflected on the greatness of our savior, Jesus. The rest of the day was spent together as a family. As for Easter, I do not know about the rest of you dads, but I enjoy the tradition of hiding the Easter basket for my son. I have been doing it for years. I write out clues that lead to the next clue that eventually leads to his basket. The only stipulation is, the clues have to rhyme (which can be challenging at times). My youngest son, who is low functioning, does not necessarily understand the concept, however it is still important for him to have a basket and I thoroughly believe he enjoys it. As for today, my wife and I took the kids to our homeschool group meeting, which was at Miracle Meadows ( a therapeutic horse riding place). My eldest son was nervous at first but warmed up rather well to the animals. Could not convince nor would he even entertain the thought of riding one. The youngest did really well considering the amount of people that were there. About a month after I got home from Afghanistan my youngest got bit by a spider and ever since then has taken a long time to come around to the idea of going anywhere without becoming very upset. But today he did wonderful and I am so very proud of him. Actually, my eldest did very well to (different context but equally as challenging) and I am very proud of him as well. After we left there, we came home and i took care of some work while my son ate lunch. Then I ordered SkyAngel TV and I am very optimistic about it all. I highly recommend for everyone to give it a glance. It is 100 percent family programing at a reasonable (cheaper than cable) price and it runs of your internet. No need to worry about waiting for the cable guy to show up, more importantly, no need to worry about some whacked out or questionable moral content programming or commercials. I let you know later what I think of it. I have to wait for the box to arrive via UPS. My son is excited though because now he will be able to watch the Dove Awards. After the Sky Angel process, I played my eldest son in a game of Madden08 and he whooped me a good one. As a matter of fact we didn't even play the 4th quarter because: a) his dinner was done and b) I couldn't of caught up if I wanted to. That basically sums up my weekend. I pray that you all had a great Easter, were able to spend time as a family and reflect on the greatest gift anyone has ever known, Jesus. Well until next time, may your life be blessed and may the Son light your paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment