About Me

My photo
So Who am I?...I am the husband of one terrific wife and the father of two boys, both of whom have autism. I have been in the Marines for over 15 years and in that time ( and in my own growing up) I have seen, done and experienced a great multitude of things. Which is why I call myself Diverse Dad. My user name is a mix of a Toby Mac song and a reflection on a lot of different life experiences that have helped me grow and help others through similar situations. I can be pretty hyper sometimes and my wife often accuses me of being ADD. Other than that I see myself as a pretty normal dad who is trying to raise children with Godly Christian character in a world that seems to scream otherwise. By blogging I hope to offer words of encouragement to my fellow dads specifically and all people in general. Secondly by going through the pages of others, I hope to gain knowledge and ideas that can help my family and I. So feel free to comment good, bad or otherwise and share your thoughts...God Bless and I hope you enjoy!
Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Winter Jam 2010

What a show! As mentioned earlier, my son and I went to the Winter Jam concert in Greensboro and what a Jam it was (definitely worth the 3 ½ hour drive)! We left yesterday morning earlier since bad weather was predicted in the area. We only faced a few flurries and rain most of the way. We arrived after 1, ate lunch, checked into our hotel and took a cab to the coliseum. We had pretty good seats and had an excellent time and if there is one coming to your area I highly recommend you go. For Newsboys fans that are wondering how they sound with Michael Tait as their new front man you need not to worry. In my opinion they sound great and Michael Tait is a natural fit. All the bands did great and I must say that I am impressed with the new to me band Fire Flight. My son thinks there a little heavy but I tend to like the heavier stuff. It was a great night of music, praise, fellowship and memories for my son and me. And although the whole experience has left me wiped out (I think I am getting too old for all this), it was definitely worth it. So my fellow dads take the time to build those memories and give your children the time they deserve…you will be glad you did. On a final note, I placed some pictures from the concert below. Until next time, may you be the dad God meant you to be.

Below is a picture of Newsboys

Below is Third Day:


No comments:

Post a Comment