About Me

My photo
So Who am I?...I am the husband of one terrific wife and the father of two boys, both of whom have autism. I have been in the Marines for over 15 years and in that time ( and in my own growing up) I have seen, done and experienced a great multitude of things. Which is why I call myself Diverse Dad. My user name is a mix of a Toby Mac song and a reflection on a lot of different life experiences that have helped me grow and help others through similar situations. I can be pretty hyper sometimes and my wife often accuses me of being ADD. Other than that I see myself as a pretty normal dad who is trying to raise children with Godly Christian character in a world that seems to scream otherwise. By blogging I hope to offer words of encouragement to my fellow dads specifically and all people in general. Secondly by going through the pages of others, I hope to gain knowledge and ideas that can help my family and I. So feel free to comment good, bad or otherwise and share your thoughts...God Bless and I hope you enjoy!
Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Friday, October 15, 2010

Are you surprised

I am sure for those that check my blog periodically may have thought that I was gone forever (even my mother-in-law deleted my blog address). Fear not, I am still here, just seem to be caught up in that crazy thing called life. Actually life is good (and every day is a gift from above), I have been pretty busy though. Being in the military almost everything we do operates in a fiscal year vice calendar year. And unlike regular school we have a heavy influx of students during the summer months. So take the heavy class schedule of teaching, scheduling next years classes (begin in October), balancing the schedule between the instructors needs/requirements and the class schedule and a plethora of other things; I am sure you can see how busy it has been. And to be honest after being on a computer all day to accomplish all the previous (yes even the teaching) I really do not want to be on a computer when I get home from work. For the last couple of months I have been only getting on my computer long enough (one night a week) to set up my players for fantasy football. Yes, at my son's request I set up a fantasy league that includes him, my wife and my father in law. On the down side my ability to pick good players is not as good as the rest of my family's. As a matter of fact, I am 0-5, which it seems like you really have to try to do that bad. To be honest, I just don't get it. My points projection is usually higher than my opponent but come game day....I get whooped...I mean really bad, for I don't lose by a little. Oh no, I lose with style and have a staggering point difference. OK, I am starting to get depressed just thinking about it...let's move on...I have been trying my hand at the ability to make crafts from wood..well okay only one actually...but it took me several tries. My wife saw a votive candle holder made from a branch on the internet. She asked if I would like to try to make one for her. Well I could not turn my bride down...so out came the saw and other tools. The first attempt was infested with a lot of ants, so scratch that one. The second one, as I bored the holes observed there was a white slug/worm thing inside the branch...yep you guessed it...scratch number two. I had all but given up by my faithful companion found a freshly fallen branch in the woods. However a simple saw was not going to do..I had to break out the old chainsaw. Well after several days...I achieved success! I will post a picture of sometime and let me know what you think.
Also we have had some very active wild life lately...well we always have the birds and squirrels, but lately we have had quite a few deer hanging out in our back yard. My wife is loving it and my fellow men and work have been begging to let them help rid me of the deer(hunt). However, I can't give in to that, so I had to say no. Below is a picture of them.Well that is enough for tonight...until next time...may all be well with you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment