About Me

My photo
So Who am I?...I am the husband of one terrific wife and the father of two boys, both of whom have autism. I have been in the Marines for over 15 years and in that time ( and in my own growing up) I have seen, done and experienced a great multitude of things. Which is why I call myself Diverse Dad. My user name is a mix of a Toby Mac song and a reflection on a lot of different life experiences that have helped me grow and help others through similar situations. I can be pretty hyper sometimes and my wife often accuses me of being ADD. Other than that I see myself as a pretty normal dad who is trying to raise children with Godly Christian character in a world that seems to scream otherwise. By blogging I hope to offer words of encouragement to my fellow dads specifically and all people in general. Secondly by going through the pages of others, I hope to gain knowledge and ideas that can help my family and I. So feel free to comment good, bad or otherwise and share your thoughts...God Bless and I hope you enjoy!
Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day Plans

Well tomorrow is Memorial day and my wife planned, what I believe, to be an exciting day. We are going to see/tour floating replicas of the Nina and Pinta, which hopefully will be in our area tomorrow. They were scheduled to be here on Friday but they are very reliant on the weather so they are a little behind schedule. My eldest son was not very excited about going until he discovered we are actually going to go on the ships. Now he is all excited and is even asking to bring his camera. It will be about an hour drive there and wanting to make the most of the day, we will probably get an early start. With that said I will be cutting this entry short. Before I go, I wanted to share one item. Friday afternoon, before out dismissal for the weekend there was a military appreciation day on our base. The neat thing was they had some aviation assets of a bygone era. Specifically the Corsair from WWII days, an H-34 from Viet Nam, a WWII era bomber and some others. They also had some drag racing cars, I believe they were 60's era Nova's/ Chevy II's. The cars were called Fueled by the Fallen and it had the names of everyone who has made the ultimate sacrifice I believe between Iraq and Afghanistan. I will enclose pictures below. If you look at the car and see all those names, please take a moment to reflect on the sacrifice not only that they made but their family as well. For not only were they Marines, they were someones son, husband and/or father. Or someones daughter, wife and/or mother. Then please say a short prayer for those who continue to stand in harms way. Believe it or not, your support does mean a lot. I wish you all the best and may you have a very enjoyable Memorial Day!


Below is the car I mentioned and below that is a Marine Corsair from WWII



No comments:

Post a Comment