About Me

My photo
So Who am I?...I am the husband of one terrific wife and the father of two boys, both of whom have autism. I have been in the Marines for over 15 years and in that time ( and in my own growing up) I have seen, done and experienced a great multitude of things. Which is why I call myself Diverse Dad. My user name is a mix of a Toby Mac song and a reflection on a lot of different life experiences that have helped me grow and help others through similar situations. I can be pretty hyper sometimes and my wife often accuses me of being ADD. Other than that I see myself as a pretty normal dad who is trying to raise children with Godly Christian character in a world that seems to scream otherwise. By blogging I hope to offer words of encouragement to my fellow dads specifically and all people in general. Secondly by going through the pages of others, I hope to gain knowledge and ideas that can help my family and I. So feel free to comment good, bad or otherwise and share your thoughts...God Bless and I hope you enjoy!
Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day Is Almost Here!!! (Hint, Hint)

Well, that special day is almost here. That one day a year where children shower their Mom's with praise for the wonderful persons they are. Which we as husbands, I think, take for granted too often. Well I know I do at times....Just a little pondering here but what if we treated our wives like it was Mothers day / Anniversary / Birthday every day? What if we took time out of our day and let the woman in our lives know how much they mean to us? What if we pursued and showed the interest we did when we were dating our wives? I would have to believe that marriages would be stronger, I believe our sons would see how a woman should be treated and do the same when they got married, I believe our daughters would know what to look for in a husband... It's been said a society is no stronger than a single family. So if we strengthen our families we can strengthen our society as well. Not to mention I think our divorce rate would drop significantly. Think about it men.. we have a golden opportunity to straighten out our mixed up and confused world. The Bible tells us that men should be leaders of their household. That does not imply however a dictatorship. What if God treated us like, we at times treat our families. Imagine: God comes home from work and is really frustrated with the world and he takes it out on me. I would think that would be unfair.. yet there are times I come home from work and vent my frustrations on the people who only deserve my love and affection. I am thankful that they do not hold it against me. I am even more thankful that God does not do the same to me. Well give it some thought men, the world would be a much better place if we would do our part. Well, that's about it... but do not forget to show your appreciation for all the wonderful things that your wife not only does for your children but for you as well. Below are some one liners that may help you think or may make you laugh. I hope you enjoy....


- God is the only third party in a marriage that can make it work.


- A happy wife sometimes has the best husband but more often makes the best of the husband she has.


- Some husbands lay down the law and then accept their wife's amendments.


-Courtship is that time during which the female decides whether or not she can do any better.


-Before criticizing your wife's/husband's faults, remember that they may have prevented her/him from getting a better husband/wife.


- Too many marry for better or worse, but not for good.


- Husband to wife: "Stick to your washing, cooking, ironing and scrubbing. No wife of mine is going to work!"


- Many girls marry men just like their fathers; then people wonder why their mothers cry at the wedding.


- A honeymoon is the vacation a man takes before going to work for a new boss.


- The thing that married men will never understand is why all bachelors aren't rich.


Well that is all... until next time, may you love your family as unconditionally as God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment